Thursday 7 February 2013

Discover Malaysia : Cherating, Pahang



This place always held a special place in my heart especially this one particular resort named Impiana Cherating. Almost 9 years ago, this was the place was where me and the husband first crushed as we worked together on a cybercamp called Maxis Cyberfolks Camp. We were buddy at that time and we teamed up for some artwork which was made purposely to be display on a dinner night.

Previously, before we finally made to this resort, we have planned for several times to spend our honeymoon at this place but somehow the plan got delayed due to the clashes between me and the husband’s work schedule. So, when the auntie proposed to bring us up to Cherating for Hari Wilayah holiday; we couldn’t say and refuse more. Along the way, we decided to bring nenek, auntie and our kids together for our somewhat almost romantic journey.

When we first checked in, I couldn’t help but to be hit by the memory of great old days with the other facilitators years ago when we had a crazy day becoming an owl for working long hours to make the event/ camp a success. The day when sleeping at night has become almost impossible for we were required to work for long hours with lots of giggle and laughter. The days when coffee has become our best friend till most of us were almost hit by the sugar and coffee shock for consuming so much caffeine in order to nail the workload. After all, becoming a part of an event/project team was never easy. It demands lots of time and motivation as well as crazy times to become one and to get the job done. Nevertheless, I still consider those times were among the best moment in my life.

Back to the recent day, while walking along the side walk to our room, I could help but to be overwhelmed by a great memory of my team back in April 2004. Off course I miss my team members. Going back to Impiana with one of my team member (who apparently becoming my husband) while the other 15 are no where to be found, has somehow left me with an empty hole. I just realize that this place is not the same without my friends’ and boss’s shouting. I wish they were there, spending a great time remembering all the great time we had while we working together.

However, we still made a great vacay with the kids. They spend good time playing at the swimming pool, meeting Salleh; the monkey who eat so much and happen to ‘work’ at the resort, visiting turtle sanctuary as well as visiting Kampung Cherating to buy lots of great staff such skirts, shirts and many other souvenirs. The journey was a great fun, fun and more fun with stocking up lots of keropok lekor and enhancing a swimming skill for me.

At the end, as we return home, 10 cm of my hair got chopped off due to loss cause by to too much of chlorine (I think) in the pool and soaking too much of a salt sea water.-nho

Us; once checking-in @ Impiana Cherating

Me and my kids at Turtle Conservation Center, Cherating. Notice that the kids are sharing the same 'sengih'!


Wonder what this man is doing on the office desk.

View of 'beach' and coconut tree from our room verandah. Awesome Impiana

Husband and the kids were having a windy beach day :)







No comments:

Post a Comment